Bunning BBQ Fundraiser – Tuggeranong
Sunday 22nd May, 8am to 4pm
We have been given a BBQ slot back down at Bunnings Tuggeranong, and while it may seem a bit soon since we did Majura Park, we have to take what is available.
Remember that there are some simple rules to follow:
- Only five (5) people inside the tents at any one time, all day, no exceptions. Only four (4) allowed at Majura Park, please be aware of this
- Plastic gloves to be worn at all times by food handlers
- The man on the till doesn’t touch the food, ever (drinks are OK)
- The server has to apply the chosen sauce – public doesn’t touch anything except their sandwich when it is handed to them
- Be polite and courteous to all, you never know who is watching and taking notes
- If you have even a slight sniffle or cough, please tell someone and stay at home
Make no mistake, with this small number of workers this can be very hard work, you are on your feet and it can be demanding as the orders flow. Double that when it gets busy, which it invariably does.
So, we need to be a bit more organised in our volunteering efforts, in that you need to nominate a time : 8, 10, 12 or 2pm. Be there on time and ready work. If you are ‘on’, please handover promptly and efficiently to the next man. Your welcome to come and ‘float’, ready to jump in and help at a moment’s notice, you just can’t ‘float’ inside the tent.
Let’s do it and do it well, Shoulder to shoulder. That’s us.